Compost Crank® Compost Aerator
- Handcrafted in Tucson, Arizona, USA on machinery made from recycled parts.
- Simply crank into compost clockwise, then pull up without turning. Corkscrew design thorougly, and reliably, mixes and aerates any compost bin with ease.
- Highly durable and long lasting made of solid 3/8 inch stainless steel. With comfortable, molded, and free-spinning handles made of 100% recycled, UV stable nylon.
- 45" tall. Effective working depth of 29". Easily penetrates through vines, matted grass, sticks, paper, and other troublesome ingredients.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Product Dimensions: 45 x 1 x 4 inches; 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B00JHRH7EE
- Item model number: CC
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Product DescriptionShouldn't you enjoy everything in your garden? The Compost Crank® is built to last. It's an easy, highly effective, and enjoyable way to tend your compost bin. It penetrates any material like an auger. Simply grasp the free-spinning handles, and crank clockwise into your pile. Lift without turning and the corkscrew pulls compost up from the bottom to thoroughly mix and aerate. Depending on how heavy your compost is, you may need to repeat this step layer by layer because it could be too heavy to lift. Once you've loosened the material you can go deeper. The tool is long enough to reach every corner of the bin, and light so you are lifting the compost and not the tool.
WARNING: "Use of this tool has been known to cause people to rave about it to nongardening/noncomposting friends which makes them believe that you have finally lost your mind." Courtesy of Dan Speece, Potomac, MD (The Duke of Dirt)
"While throwing out old receipts I noticed the invoice that arrived with my Compost Crank in January of 2000 and thought I would write to tell you I am still happily using it. It stands next to my compost pile ready for use, still bright and shiny as new..." Satisfied Customer, Oct. 2011
"I gave [my husband] the Compost Crank last night, as one of his Hanukkah gifts. It was fun to watch his expression evolve from what the heck is this thing, to how does it work (he's an engineer), to why did you give this to me? Then, this morning, he took it out to our compost bin and tried it out, and was immediately in love! Very thankful for it, very appreciative of your design, of the ease of use, of the fact that using it does not seem to stress either the tool or his 62 year-old body. He seems to be simply amazed at how well and how easily it mixes the layers of compost in our bin. Yay!..." Satisfied Customer, Dec. 2001 From our compost bin to yours, The Ambrose Family Many happy turns.