PP09205: 92 GPH, Submersible, Hydroponics/Fountain/Pond/Statuary/Aquarium Pump – 5′ Cord
- COMPLETE SELECTION: We have 9 sizes & 16 models. Click on "PonicsFarm" near the top of the page to see them all. This model has a high quality 5 foot waterproof cord. Comes with adjustable input flow-rate screen and 2 outlet adaptors for 1/4" & 1/2" inside diameter tubing.
- DURABLE QUALITY: Our Polished Stainless Steel #205 Impeller Shaft insures long pump life. Epoxy Resin Encasement of key internal motor components prevents unwanted conductivity and corrosion of metal parts. This pump incorporates a magnetic wet-rotor design, so there is no seal to fail that would damage the pump motor.
- EFFICIENT: Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) Magnets are used in all our electric motors because they are the most powerful permanent magnetic materials commercially available and increase energy efficiency. Water-Lubricated Nitrile Bushings are used because they possess a very low coefficient of friction, have inherent vibration-dampening qualities and are non-polluting.
- SAFE & EASY: Safe for fish with no exposed copper and oil free. Easy to clean with no tools required to disassemble and clean filter/impeller. Our SJTW Electric Cord is waterproof, 18# gauge copper wire, molded plug, heavy duty flexible vinyl jacket, resists oil/grease/moisture, abrasion resistant and very good flexibility at all temperatures.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Fresh water only with flow Rates of 92 Gallons Per Hour (GPH) @ 0' Lift; 77 GPH @ 1' Lift; 30 GPH @ 2' Lift; Max Lift - 2' 6". Dimensions are 1.89" x 1.61" x 2.89". 120VAC, 5 WATTS. 1 year limited warranty when sold by PonicsFarms.
- ASIN: B00NCGX330
- Item model number: PP09205:X000NERTUN
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Product DescriptionHOW TO CHOOSE A HYDROPONIC, AQUAPONIC, ALGAPONIC, AQUARIUM, POND OR FOUNTAIN PUMP
- "Maximum Flow Rate" is meaningless because it is at ZERO lift.
- "Maximum Head/Lift" is meaningless because the flow at that height is only a trickle.
You need to choose an affordable quality pump that produces the "desired flow at your required lift" at the lowest wattage.
Step 1: Determining Desired Flow Rate
Hydroponic Systems - typically flow through a single loop allowing a single pump and need a flow rate near 100 GPH for each grow bed loop up to 120 feet. Flood/drain beds - need 2 to 4 cycles per hour. Fish tanks - need a least one exchange per hour or extra oxygenation. Waterfalls - need 100 GPH for each inch of width.
Step 2: Calculating System Lift
Measure the "vertical distance" from the "top" of the water in the pump tank to the pump discharge point.
Step 3: Pump Selection Considerations
- Continuous instead of intermittent pump duty cycle greatly increases pump life, plus no need for a timer or level control.
- Low cost (<$60) pumps in the 3 to 60 watt pump range are typically submersible.
- A rule of thumb is that an average pump will last 2-4 times the stated warranty period.
- Best to buy a backup pump if fish or plants depend on the pump.
Note: A foam filter is rarely needed, a screen cover is enough.
DO NOT USE WITH SOLAR POWER! Voltage often fluctuates below requirements.