PP40016 : 400 GPH, Submersible, Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Fountain/Pond/Aquarium Pump – 16′ Cord
- COMPLETE SELECTION: We have 7 sizes & 13 models. Click on "PonicsFarm" near the top of the page to see them all. This model has a high quality 16 foot waterproof cord. A similar model with a 6 foot cord is available. Comes with adjustable input flow-rate screen and 3 outlet adaptors for 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" tubing.
- DURABLE QUALITY: Our Polished Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Impeller Shaft insures long pump life because it is non-corrodible and more than 3 times as hard as stainless steel. Epoxy Resin Encasement of key internal motor components prevents unwanted conductivity and corrosion of metal parts. This pump incorporates a magnetic wet-rotor design, so there is no seal to fail that would damage the pump motor.
- EFFICIENT: Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) Magnets are used in all our electric motors because they are the most powerful permanent magnetic materials commercially available and increase energy efficiency. Water-Lubricated Nitrile Bushings are used because they possess a very low coefficient of friction, have inherent vibration-dampening qualities and are non-polluting.
- SAFE & EASY: Safe for fish with no exposed copper and oil free. Easy to clean with no tools required to disassemble and clean filter/impeller. Our SJTW Electric Cord is waterproof, 18# gauge copper wire, molded plug with ground, heavy duty flexible vinyl jacket, resists oil/grease/moisture, abrasion resistant and very good flexibility at all temperatures.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Salt or fresh water ready with flow Rates of 396 Gallons Per Hour (GPH) @ 0' Lift; 370 GPH @ 1' Lift; 363 GPH @ 2' Lift; 343 GPH @ 3' Lift; 306 GPH @ 4' Lift; 264 GPH @ 5' Lift; 221 GPH @ 6' Lift; 132 GPH @ 7' Lift; 3 GPH @ 8' Lift; Max Lift - 8' 2". Dimensions are 3.94" x 2.72" x 3.39". 120VAC - 25 WATTS - 60Hz. 1 year limited warranty when sold by PonicsFarms.
- ASIN: B006M6MTOQ
- Item model number: PP40016
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Product DescriptionHOW TO CHOOSE A HYDROPONIC, AQUAPONIC, ALGAPONIC, AQUARIUM, POND OR FOUNTAIN PUMP
- "Maximum Flow Rate" is meaningless because it is at ZERO lift.
- "Maximum Head/Lift" is meaningless because the flow at that height is only a trickle.
You need to choose an affordable quality pump that produces the "desired flow at your required lift" at the lowest wattage.
Step 1: Determining Desired Flow Rate
Hydroponic Systems - typically flow through a single loop allowing a single pump and need a flow rate near 100 GPH for each grow bed loop up to 120 feet. Flood/drain beds - need 2 to 4 cycles per hour. Fish tanks - need a least one exchange per hour or extra oxygenation. Waterfalls - need 100 GPH for each inch of width.
Step 2: Calculating System Lift
Measure the "vertical distance" from the "top" of the water in the pump tank to the pump discharge point.
Step 3: Pump Selection Considerations
- Continuous instead of intermittent pump duty cycle greatly increases pump life, plus no need for a timer or level control.
- A rule of thumb is that an average pump will last 2-4 times the stated warranty period.
- Best to buy a backup pump if fish or plants depend on the pump.
Note: A foam filter is rarely needed, a screen cover is enough.